Queen Elizabeth: My husband's work involves a great deal of public speaking.
伊麗莎白王後:我丈夫的工作涉及大量公眾演說。
Lionel Logue: Then he should change jobs.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:還是換個工作比較靠譜。
Queen Elizabeth: He can't.
伊麗莎白王後:能換早換了。
Lionel Logue: What is he, an indentured servant?
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:難不成是個受人擺布的奴仆?
Queen Elizabeth: Something like that.
伊麗莎白王後:也差不多啦。
2. Logue: What was your earliest memory?
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:妳最早的記憶是什麽?
King George VI: I'm not... -here to discuss... -personal matters.
喬治六世:我不是……到這裏來討論……個人隱私的。
Lionel Logue: Why are you here then?
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:那妳幹嘛到這裏來?
King George VI: Because I bloody well stammer!
喬治六世:因為我口吃得要死行了吧。
3. Lilibet: What's he saying? [watching a clip of Hitler speaking]
伊麗伯特:他在說什麽?
King George VI: I don't know but... he seems to be saying it rather well.
喬治六世:我不知道,不過……貌似說得很有煽動力。
4. King George VI: [Logue is sitting on the coronation throne] Get up! Y-you can't sit there! GET UP!
喬治六世:給我起來!妳不能坐哪兒!快起來。
Lionel Logue: Why not? It's a chair.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:為啥不行?不就是壹椅子麽。
King George VI: T-that... that is Saint Edward's chair.
喬治六世:吶……那……那是聖愛德華的椅子。
Lionel Logue: People have carved their names on it.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:人家都隨便刻了名字上去了。
5. King George VI: L-listen to me... listen to me!
喬治六世:聽……聽我說……聽我說!
Lionel Logue: Why should I waste my time listening to you?
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:憑啥我要浪費時間聽妳說話?
King George VI: Because I have a voice!
喬治六世:就因為我說的話舉足輕重。
Lionel Logue: ...yes, you do.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:……沒錯,的確如此。
6. King George VI: If I am King, where is my power? Can I declare war? Form a government? Levy a tax? No! And yet I am the seat of all authority because they think that when I speak, I speak for them.But I can't speak.
喬治六世:如果我是國王,我的權力又在哪裏?我能宣戰麽?我能組建政府?提高稅收?都不行!可我還是要出面坐頭把交椅,就因為整個國家都相信…我的聲音代表著他們。但我卻說不來。
7. Lionel Logue: Please don't do that.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:請不要那樣做。
King George VI: I'm sorry?
喬治六世:啥?
Lionel Logue: I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:抽煙吸到肺裏相當於自殺。
King George VI: My physicians say it relaxes the throat.
喬治六世:我的醫生說那樣會放松喉部。
Lionel Logue: They're idiots.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:他們是白癡。
King George VI: They've all been knighted.
喬治六世:他們都被授了爵位了。
Lionel Logue: Makes it official then.
萊昂納爾·羅格醫生:那就是官方白癡咯。
8. Lionel Logue: Do you know any jokes?
King George VI: ...Timing isn't my strong suit.
萊諾·羅格:妳會說笑話麽?
喬治六世:……掌控時間,不是我強項。
9. My turf, my rules.
我的地盤,我做主。
10. Poor and content is rich and rich enough.
人能安貧就是富。