1. Don't be proud of your natural abilities: be proud of what you do with them.
不要因為自己的天賦而驕傲,要為妳發揮天賦所做的事而自豪。
2. Bravery in taking care of others is often well rewarded.
勇於照顧他人的人總能得到好報。
3. Do not judge by appearances.
人不可貌相。
- chapter2 -
1. Prepare today for the needs of? tomorrow.
未雨綢繆(預先做好準備)。
2. We should never look so high that we miss seeing the things around us.
我們仰望星空的時候,也不能忘記腳踏實地。(我們不能看得太高以至於忽略了身邊的事物。)
3. Don't hurt yourself to get revenge on another.
不要為了復仇而傷害自己。
4. By hurting others, we often hurt ourselves.
害人終害己。
5. People often blame their misfortunes on their friends, rather than their enemies.
人們總是把自己的不幸怪罪於朋友身上,而從不怪罪敵人。
6. It takes all kinds of people to make human society work.
社會的發展需要每壹個人的努力。
- chapter3 -
1.Sometimes it's good to be unimportant.
有時微不足道也是壹種優勢。
2.If you need something done properly,do it yourself.
如果想盡善盡美,必須身體力行。
3.Evil signs are shown early in life.
人的劣根性在很小的時候就顯現出來了。
4.Stop a boaster by putting his words to the test.
真金不怕火煉。
- chapter4 -
1. A liar will not be believed even when telling the truth.
騙子說真話,也不會被相信。
2. Help is more useful than advice.
幫助比建議來得更有用。
3. What we do for fun often makes great trouble for others.
不要把自己的快樂建立在別人的痛苦上。
4. We think about how others hurt us,but we don't think about how we hurt them.
我們總是想到他人對自己的傷害,不曾想自己是怎樣傷害別人的。
5. Unity is strength.
團結就是力量。
6. If you do no useful work,you will not be missed.
毫無用處的工作是不會被人們記住的。
- chapter5 -
1. Don't be tricked twice by the same person.
不要掉進同壹個坑裏兩次。
2. Try as you may, it is impossible to deny your nature.
江山易改,本性難移。
3. Better the evil you know than the one you don't know.
明槍易躲,暗箭難防。
4. It's better to teach than simply to tell.
身教重於言傳。
5.Necessity is the mother of invention.
需求是創新之母。
- chapter6 -
1. You can't hide your true nature forever.
江山易改,本性難移。
2. The ungrateful will not be helped a second time.
人們不會幫助忘恩負義的人。
3. Those whom you cannot always trust are not your friends.
無法壹直信任的朋友不是真朋友。
4. It is not wise to be too greedy.
貪婪是愚昧的。
5. We should not prevent others from enjoying what we can't enjoy ourselves.
不要阻止別人享受我們所不能享受的。
6. He who lay traps for others is often caught by them himself.
給別人設圈套的人經常自己被圈套套住(害人終害己)。
- chapter7 -
1.If you're not important, no one will listen to you, even if you are right.
人微言輕。
2.Be satisfied with what you have.
知足常樂。
3.Only fools try to take the credit which others deserve.
無功不受祿。
4.Don't take your pretending too far, or you'll be found out.
紙裏包不住火。
5.Cheaters must expect to be cheated.
惡人終有惡報。
6.False confidence often leads to danger.
盲目的自信常把人引入險境。
- chapter8 -
1. Thankful people will always find a way to show their thanks.
心存感激之人終能尋得報恩之路。
2. To enjoy what we have, we must have freedom.
擁有自由,方能享受生活。
3. If you want to be happy, don't compare yourself with others.
活在比較之中的人是不會幸福的。
4. Sometimes ambition can lead us beyond the limits of our power.
有時候野心讓我們自不量力。
5. Hard work is the key to prosperity.
勤能致富。
- chapter9 -
1. Learn from the misfortunes of others, not just from your own.
除自己外,也要從別人的不幸中汲取教訓。
2. The poor may not fear a change of masters in the way that the rich do.
光腳的不怕穿鞋的。
3. Revenge is a two-edged sword.
復仇是壹把雙刃劍。
4. They who ignore their old friends for new ones deserve to lose both.
喜新厭舊的人最後終將兩手空空。
- chapter10 -
1. If you love someone, set them free.
愛他(她)就給他(她)自由。
2. It is very hard to forgive those whom we see every day.
我們很難原諒近在眼前的仇人。
3. Be careful - you will be judged by the company you keep.
近朱者赤,近墨者黑。
4. Being too greedy for pleasure often leads to pain.
耽於享樂常將人引入痛苦。
- chapter11 -
1. Those who help others often cannot help themselves.
能幫助他人的人往往幫不了自己。
2. Don't listen to flattery.
別聽信阿諛奉承的話(忠言逆耳)。
3. We all like to criticize what we cannot have.
吃不到葡萄說葡萄酸。
4. What we see every day,we no longer fear.
怕的東西,看久了就不怕了。
5. Those who trick others will be tricked in their turn.
聰明反被聰明誤。
6. If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is.
聽起來太美好的,往往都不是真的。
- chapter12 -
1. Don't trust selfish advice.
不要相信意在謀取利益的建議。
2. Vanity may lead to disaster.
虛榮可能引向災難。
3. Those who say they can help others should first help themselves.
欲助他人者必先助己。
4. Think ahead.
未雨綢繆。
5. Don't be too quick to change your rulers.
不要太急於更換妳的統治者。
- chapter13 -
1. The gods help those who help themselves.
天神們只會幫助那些會幫助自己的人(自助者,天助之)。
2. We often imagine that others are thinking about us more than they really are.
別人沒有妳以為的那麽的在乎妳(自作多情)。
3. Don't let your successes make you over-confident.
不要因為自己的成功而過度自信。
4. Stick to what you do best.
堅持做妳擅長的事。
- chapter14 -
1.Want too much and lose it all.
貪心不足蛇吞象。
2.Accept and enjoy what you are.
知足常樂。
3.We blame others’ carelessness, but never notice our own.
我們總是責怪他人粗心大意,卻不會反省自己。
4.Listeners never hear good of themselves.
自己往往聽不到別人說自己的好話。
- chapter15 -
1. Honesty is the best policy.
誠信乃上策。
2. The greater the need, the greater the effort.
需求越大,努力越多。
3. Slow and steady wins the race.
靠穩重來贏得比賽。
4. We are encouraged by seeing others who are worse off than ourselves.
我們總是能從比我們更糟糕的人那獲得安慰。
- chapter16 -
1.What is valuable to one person may not be valuable to another.
妳視如珍珠,我視如糞土。
2.Be careful what you wish for.
謹慎許願。
3. Be consistent in your actions.
行為要始終如壹。
4.Laziness often prepares a weight for its own back.
我們總是要為自己的懶惰而付出代價。
5.Those whom you try to use, will use you in return.
那些妳想利用的人也會反過來利用妳。
6.It is easy for the coward to be a hero at a distance.
遠離危險時,懦夫也能逞英雄。
- chapter17 -
1. Flattery is a dangerous weapon in the hands of an enemy.
口蜜腹劍。
2. Some people are not even worth fighting with.
不與傻瓜論短長。
3. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
有多大碗,吃多少飯。
4. Today's good deeds are the seeds of tomorrow's blessings.
善有善報。
5. The quarrels of friends are the opportunities of their enemies.
親者痛,仇者快。
- chapter18 -
1. If you no longer have a good reason for fighting, stop.
不做無謂的鬥爭。
2. Quality matters more than quantity.
質量比數量重要。
3. Better scare a thief than actually catch him.
嚇走壹個賊比真的抓住他要強。
4. Love can blind even the wildest.
再強大都會被愛蒙蔽雙眼。
5. You may share the work of the great, but you will not share the rewards.
也許妳承擔了偉大的工作,但妳不會分享其成果。
- chapter19 -
1. If you must fight for something, make sure you keep your eyes on the prize.
如果妳必須要爭奪什麽的話,那就壹定要專註於值得去爭奪的事物身上。
2. Better to learn from the mistakes of others than from your own.
從別人的錯誤中吸取教訓總好過從自己身上悔過。
3. There is always a better liar than you.
人外有人。(貶義)
4. Don't hurt those who try to help you.
不要傷害想幫助妳的人。
- chapter20 -
1. Professionals will always do a better job of anything.
術業有專攻。
2. We don't see our own faults,but our neighbours do.
當局者迷,旁觀者清。
3. Don't try to please two people at once.
魚和熊掌不可兼得。
4. Each of us is the hero of our own story.
人都是自己故事裏的英雄。
5. It is one thing to think of a good plan, and another to put it into practice.
說起來容易,做起來難。
- chapter21 -
1.Greatness carries its own danger.
偉大自有危險(樹大招風)。
2.You can't please everybody, and it's foolish to try.
妳不能取悅每壹個人,連嘗試也是愚蠢的。
3.Those who get a bad reputation often mistake it for fame.
那些名聲不好的人常把它(壞名聲)誤認為榮耀
- chapter22 -
1.The value of money depends not on how much you have, but how you use it.
金錢的價值不在於妳擁有多少,而在於妳如何利用它們。
2.It is foolish to imitate those who are better than us.
東施效顰是愚不可及的。
3.Don't make a big fuss about nothing.
不要為了無足輕重的事情大驚小怪。
4.Those who cry the loudest are not always the ones who are hurt the most.
真正忍辱負重的人往往保持沈默。
5.Don't rely on your enemies to keep their promises.
不要指望妳的敵人信守承諾。
6.Be flexible to survive.
處世須變通。
7.Be careful not to be too useful to the wrong people.
不要讓錯誤的人發現妳的利用價值。
- chapter23 -
1.Those who try too hard to be clever often create bigger problems for themselves.
聰明反被聰明誤。
2.Danger sometimes comes from a place we don't expect.
危險有的時候來自不可預料的地方。
3.We travel furthest and highest when we let go of our pride.
放下驕傲的我們能到更高更遠的地方。
4.Don't choose your rulers for their attractiveness.
不要選華而不實的領導。
5.We have great powers that come to us only in an emergency.
關鍵時刻往往有無窮爆發力。
- chapter24 -
1.With time, one can get used to anything.
入芝蘭之室,久而不聞其香;入鮑魚之肆,久而不聞其臭。
2.The same plan will not suit all situations.
同樣的計劃不會適用於所有的情況。
3.Don't expect people to change.
本性難移。
4.When people make you good offers, think about their reasons.
事出無常必有妖。
- chapter25 -
1.A wise person learns from the misfortunes of others.
智者從別人的不幸中吸取教訓。
2. Sometimes those who claim to be helping you are actually using you.
有時那些自稱幫忙的人實際是想利用妳。
3.If you neglect someone now, don't depend on them helping you later.
現在妳忽視的人,將來也別指望能幫助妳。
4. What is most truly valuable is often undervalued.
真正有價值的事物往往會被低估。
- chapter26-
1. It is in bad times that you find out who your real friends are.
患難見真情。
2. Nip evil in the bud.
防患於未然。
3. Don't sacrifice your principles because of a gift.
不要因為小利舍棄原則。
4. Don't expect everyone to appreciate your virtues.
不要期望每個人都是妳的伯樂。
5. Stay with what you know.
不要不自量力。
- chapter27 -
1.East, West, Home's best.
金窩銀窩,不如自己的狗窩。
2.The lazy often blame delay on their more active friend.
懶人總是把自己的拖延責備在別人身上。
3.If you don't let others share the prize, you cannot expect them to share the danger.
如果不同甘,就別指望別人跟妳***苦。
4.People are not grateful for things that are free.
白白得來的東西反而不會珍惜。
5.Words may be actions.
言語能激勵行動。
- chapter28 -
1.Let go of your hatred, at least before you die.
至少在死之前,學著放下仇恨。
2.Don't be too lazy to change when change is needed.
當需要改變的時候,不要犯懶。
3.Sometimes it's best to keep quiet about your success.
有時候,悶聲才能發大財。
4.Make your preparations early.
未雨綢繆。
5.Persuasion works better than force.
勸說比武力管用。
6.When helping evil people, expect no reward, and be thankful if you don't get hurt.
幫助壞人時就別想著有回報了,沒受傷就謝天謝地吧。
- chapter29 -
1. There is no joy in life without freedom.
沒有自由,沒有快樂。
2. An evil person will always find an excuse for his evil actions.
惡人總會為自己的惡行找到理由。
3. Those who take by force will be robbed by force in their turn.
天道好輪回。
4. Men easily criticize things they practice themselves.
只許州官放火,不許百姓點燈。
5. He who lives another's life may die another's death.
以他人方式生存,以他人方式毀滅。
- chapter30 -
1.Don't change friends for enemies.
不要以敵換友。
2.Don't lose your present in dreams of your future.
活在當下。
3.Speech and reason are our most precious gifts.
語言和理性是我們最珍貴的禮物。
4.Seen through the eyes of love, everyone is beautiful.
眼裏有愛,萬物皆美。