妳怎麽能就這麽坐在那邊?我兒子就要死了
House: If I eat standing up, I spill.
如果我站著吃東西,就會灑出來.
Luke: Is this a good hospital?
這家醫院好嗎?
House: Depends on what you mean by "good". I like the chairs.
這得看妳對好醫院的定義了,我喜歡這裏的椅子.
Dr. Foreman: Isn't treating patients why we became doctors?
醫治病人難道不是我們成為醫生的原因嗎?
House: No, treating illnesses is why we became doctors. Treating patients is what makes most doctors miserable.
不,醫治疾病才是我們做醫生的原因,醫治病人則是醫生痛苦的根源.
Dr. Wilson: I love my wife.
我愛我老婆
House: You certainly love saying it.
當然,妳愛這樣說。
患者說他可以和上帝對話,然後house說他的問題應該在他的腦袋上.
chase說,這只是宗教信仰
house:you talk to God,you're religious.God talks to you,you're psychotic.
妳和上帝說話,是信仰,上帝和妳說話,是精神病。
House: But I have a theory. There is one chemical that, if ingested, it causes a person's estrogen level to increase dramatically.
我有個理論,有壹種藥品被服用後會導致病人體內的雌激素水平大幅上升.
Bill: What is it?
那是什麽?
House: It's called...estrogen.
我們把它稱作...雌激素
Dr. Forman: Ten-year olds do not have heart attacks. It's got to be a mistake.
10歲的孩子不會得心臟病,肯定有什麽地方錯了
House: Right. The simplest explanation is she's a 40-year old lying about her age. Maybe an actress trying to hang on.
沒錯,最簡單的答案就是她謊報了年紀,她其實已經四十歲了.也許她是個女演員.
有壹患者是壹個誌向遠大的黑人議員
House: You're not going to be President either way - they don't call it the White House because of the paint job
妳無論如何都成不了總統的,白宮之所以叫白宮可不只是因為它是給漆成白色的.
House: People don’t want a sick doctor.
人們不喜歡生病的醫生.
Dr. Wilson: That’s fair enough, I don’t like healthy patients.
那很公平,我也不喜歡健康的病人.
Dr. Foreman: Oh, Cameron, I need you for a couple of hours.
Cameron,妳有空嗎?
Dr. Cameron: What’s up?
什麽事?
Dr. Foreman: When you break into a house, its always better to have a white chick with you.
破門而入的時候,有個白人女性陪著比較保險.
House: What would you prefer - a doctor who holds your hand while you die or who ignores you while you get better?I guess it would particularly suck to have a doctor who ignores you while you die.
哪種醫生妳比較喜歡-在妳臨死時會陪在妳身邊的醫生或者是當妳病情好轉後不再搭理妳的醫生?我猜妳最討厭的是當妳快死的時候不再搭理妳的醫生.
House: Another reason I don’t like meeting patients. If they don’t know what you look like, they can’t yell at you.
我不喜歡見病人的另壹個原因就是,如果他們不知道妳的樣子,他們就沒法沖妳大吼大叫.
Dr. Wilson: You will lie, cheat and steal to get what you want, but you’re incapable of kissing a little ass?
妳為了得到妳要的結果可以坑蒙拐騙,無所不用,怎麽就不能稍稍拍拍馬屁呢?
House: Well, we all have our limitations.
恩,人總是有缺點的.
House: No, there is not a thin line between love and hate. There is a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20’ between love and hate.
愛與恨並非只有壹線之隔,愛與恨之間隔著壹道十步壹崗,五步壹哨的中國長城.
House: Lift up your arms. You have a parasite.
擡起妳的手臂,妳體內有個寄生蟲.
Jill: Like a tapeworm or something?
妳是說象絳蟲壹類的東西?
House: Lie back and lift up your sweater.You can put your arms down.
撩起妳的毛衣,躺下,把手放下來
Jill: Can you do anything about it?
妳能除掉它嗎?
House: Only for about a month or so. After that it becomes illegal to remove, except in a couple of states.
在大多數洲裏,除掉超過壹個月大的這種寄生蟲是非法的.
Jill: Illegal?
非法的?
House: Don’t worry. Many women learn to embrace this parasite. They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes, arrange playdates with other parasites...
別擔心,很多女人都會喜歡她們的寄生蟲,給它起名字,穿衣服,還讓它和其他的寄生蟲壹起玩.
Jill: Playdates…
House: (showing her sonogram) It has your eyes.
它的眼睛很象妳(這位女士懷孕了)
Dr. House: The most successful marriages are based on lies. You’re off to a great start.
成功的婚姻都是謊言的基礎上建立起來的,妳已經開了個好頭.
Dr. Wilson: I’m still amazed you’re in the same room as a patient
真令我驚訝,妳居然還和患者呆在壹間屋子裏.
House: People don’t bother me until they get teeth.
沒長牙的小家夥我倒不怕.
House: It turns out your best judgment is not good enough. Here’s an idea - next time, use mine
事實證明妳最有把握的診斷還是不夠好,不如這樣吧,下次試試我的主意.
House: As long as you’re trying to be good, you can do whatever you want.
只要妳盡力了,就表示妳可以做任何妳想做的事情
Dr. Wilson: And as long as you’re not trying, you can say whatever you want.
只要妳不去盡力,妳就可以說任何妳想說的話.
House: So between us, we can do whatever we want. We can rule the world!
那麽說我們兩個人加起來就做任何事,說任何話了,我們可以壹起統治世界了!
House: You told me you had not changed your diet or exercise. Were you lying?
妳告訴我妳沒改變妳的日常飲食規律,是不是說謊了?
Samantha: Lying?
說謊?
House: Does your husband have high blood pressure?
妳丈夫是不是有高血壓?
Samantha: My husband?
我丈夫?
House: Yeah, see, if you’re going to repeat everything I say, this conversation’s going to take twice as long.
恩,妳看,如果妳重復我說的每壹句話,這次談話就要花兩倍的時間了.
House: So what’s her name and when do I get to meet her?
她的名字叫什麽,我什麽時候能見到她?(盤問Wilson的約會對象)
Dr. Wilson: There’s nobody! Give it up!
別瞎猜了,根本沒這回事
House: Your lips say no, but your shoes say yes.
妳嘴上說不,可妳的鞋子泄露了真相(WILSON換了雙漂亮的新鞋)
Dr. Wilson: They’re French. You can’t trust a word they say.
它們是法國貨,法國人的話壹句都不能信.
Dr. Foreman: Why are you riding on me?
妳為什麽對我這麽刻薄?
House: It’s what I do. Has it gotten worse lately?
我壹直這樣子,最近我變得更厲害了嗎?
Dr. Foreman: Yeah. Seems to me.
對我來說是的.
House: Really? Well, that rules out the race thing. You were just as black last week.
真的嗎?那麽肯定不是種族歧視的原因了,妳還和上周壹樣的黑.
Dr. Cameron: I’ll check into it.
我去查查這個
Dr. Foreman: I’ll make the call.
我去打電話
Dr. Chase: I’ll keep the kid alive. For a while at least.
我去保持那孩子活著.至少能維持壹會兒.
House: I’ll have lunch.
我去吃午飯......
Dr. Foreman: The kid was just taking his AP calculus exam when all of a sudden he got nauseous and disoriented.
這個孩子在微積分考試當中突然感到惡心眩暈.
House: That’s the way calculus presents.
當然這是微積分的作用啦
House: I assume "minimal at best" is your stiff upper lip British way of saying "no chance in hell"?
我認為妳說的"有可能"就是"根本沒指望了"的英國表達方式.
Dr. Chase: I’m Australian.
我是澳大利亞人
House: You put the Queen on your money. You’re British.
妳們把女王的頭像印在錢幣上,妳們就是英國人.
Julia: I thought you were supposed to be listening to our patient histories?
我認為妳應該聽我們講解病史
House: No, I’m supposed to be teaching you. If I can do that without listening to you, more power to me.
不,我應該教導妳們診斷病例,如果我不用聽妳們講解就能診斷出來,那我就更加NB了.
Dr. Cameron: Yeah, I I trusted you.
沒錯,我相信妳
House: You always trust me. That’s a big mistake.
妳總是相信我,這是個大錯誤
House: I take risks - sometimes patients die. But not taking risks causes more patients to die. So I guess my biggest problem is I’ve been cursed with the ability to do the math.
我承擔風險,有時病人會死,但如果我不冒風險,更多的病人會死,所以我最大的問題就是我已經學會了算術.
Dr. Cuddy: Answer me.
回答我
House: Nothing I could say is going to change how you feel, and nothing could come out of your reaction that is going to change what I plan to do. So I prefer to say nothing.
不管我說什麽都不會改變妳的想法,不管妳說什麽都不會改變我的做法,所以我寧可什麽也不說.
Dr. Foreman: You know, House shouldn’t even be here!
妳知道的,豪斯甚至不應該在這!
Dr. Chase: Because he said something inappropriate? If we sent him home every time he did that, he’d never be here. We wouldn’t even need his office.
因為他說了壹些不合適的話?如果他每次說那些我們都把他送走,那他永遠也不會出現在這了,我們甚至不需要這間辦公室了.
Dr. Cameron: I was the first person (House) ran into. He just asked me.
我是他碰到的第壹個人,所以他約了我.
Dr. Chase: Yeah, like a date.
對,就象是個約會
Dr. Cameron: Exactly. Except for the “date” part.
沒錯,除了“約會”那壹部分
House: But I had three reasons.
我有三個理由
Dr. Cuddy: Good ones?
夠合理嗎?
House: Well, lets see in a minute - I’m just making them up now.
恩,等壹會,我正在編呢.
BLAH BLAH BLAH.....(CUDDY沒買帳)
House: Which brings me to my fourth reason.
我還有第四個理由.
Dr. Cuddy: I thought you said there were only three?
妳說過只有三個理由
House: I thought you’d buy one of them.
我以為妳會相信其中的壹個
Dr. Wilson: Who?
誰
House: Kevin. In Bookkeeping.
Kevin
Dr. Wilson: Okay, well first of all, his name is Carl.
OK,首先,他的名字是Carl
House: I call him Kevin. It’s his secret friendship club name.
我管它叫Kevin,這是他在私密關系俱樂部的名字.
Dr. Wilson: How do you know she needs a heart transplant?
妳怎麽知道她需要心臟移植?
House: I got my aura read today. It said someone close to me had a broken heart.
我看了占蔔書,上面說今天有個人會心碎.
Dr. Wilson: You lied, didn’t you?
妳說謊了,是不是?
House: I never lie.
我從不說謊
Dr. Wilson: Big mistake.
超級錯
Lola: You have a big "keep out’ sign stapled on your forehead.
妳滿臉的不樂意,就差在妳頭上貼塊"別理我"的牌子了.
House: That explains it. I told them to put it on my door.
沒錯,我早就告訴他們把牌子掛在門口了
Dr. Cameron: I don’t have the right to show interest in someone?
難道我沒有對某人感興趣的權利嗎?
Dr. Forman: You absolutely do. And I absolutely have the right to humiliate you for it.
妳當然有,而我也當然有對此取樂的權利.
House: You were pregnant. Based on your hormone levels, you had a miscarriage.
妳懷孕了,從妳的激素水平看,妳剛剛自然流產了.
Sarah: I haven’t even been on a date.
我沒有和人約會過.
House: Right, since it’s physically impossible to have sex without someone buying you dinner.
好吧,顯然沒人請妳吃飯的話妳是無法和人做愛的.
Sarah: I haven’t had sex since I split up with my husband.That was almost a year ago.
自從我和丈夫分手後就沒做過愛了,那都快有壹年了.
House: Fine, have it your way. Immaculate conception.
好吧,妳是第二個聖母瑪利亞
Sarah: Um, what do I do?
我該怎麽做?
House: Well, it’s obvious. Start a religion
恩,很顯然,妳該開創個宗教.
House: Someday there will be a black president. Someday there will be a gay president. Maybe there’ll even be a gay black president. But one combination I do not see is gay, black, and dead.
有壹天我們會有壹位黑人總統,有壹天我們會有壹位同性戀總統,也許有壹天我們會有壹位黑人同性戀總統,但是肯定不會有個既是同性戀,又是黑人,還是死人的總統.
House: Take these, go home, talk to your daughter.
吃了這藥,回家和妳女兒談談
Female Patient: What?
為什麽?
House: Your pants, your blouse, your scarf are all freshly dry cleaned. Everything except your jacket, it’s got a smudge on it. Probably two days old. Which means you didn’t know the jacket had been worn. So either your husband is a crossdresser or your daughter has been borrowing your clothes without telling you. Probably wants to look older to get into bars.
妳的褲子,襯衫,圍巾都是剛剛幹洗過的,只有妳的外套上面有塊汙跡,也許有兩天了.這說明妳沒發現它被人穿過,所以要麽是妳丈夫有變裝癖,要麽就是妳女兒偷偷穿了妳衣服出去,好裝扮得成熟點去混進酒吧.
Female Patient: I don’t have a daughter.
我沒有女兒...
House: We’re missing something.
我們漏掉了壹些東西
Dr. Chase: What?
什麽
House: If I knew that it wouldn’t be missing.
如果我知道是什麽它就不是“漏掉”的了
House: You Jewish?
妳是猶太人?
Dr. Gilmar: Yeah.
是的
House: Is it true what they say about Jewish foreplay?
那他們說的猶太人的前戲是真的嗎?
Dr. Gilmar: Two hours of begging?
妳是說兩個小時的前戲嗎?
House: I heard four.
我聽說是四個小時
Dr. Gilmar: Well actually I’m only half-Jewish.
其實我只有壹半的猶太血統.
House: (about a lecture) I’m not doing it. (leaves, then stops) You’re supposed to stop me. Renegotiate.
我不會去的. 妳應該叫住我,重新談條件的.
Dr. Cuddy: Hmm, and you were supposed to keep on walking. Sorry, I guess we both screwed up. Go on, do it again.
恩,妳應該繼續向前走不回頭的,看來我兩都搞砸了,再來壹遍吧.
House: (walking away from the class) Can you still hear me?
還能聽見我說話麽?
Rebellious Student: No.
不能
Caring Student: A little.
壹點點
Keen Student: Not really.
基本聽不見
House: If you can’t hear me, how do you know what I asked?
如果妳們聽不見我,怎麽知道我問得什麽
Dr. Cameron: Who (thinks he’s sick)?
誰?
House: His wife.
他妻子
Dr. Cameron: The woman you used to live with.
那個以前跟妳生活的女人?
House: That’s her Indian name. On her driver’s license it’s "Stacy."
那時她的印第安名字,她駕照上的名字是“Stacy”.
Dr. Cameron: Black defendants are ten times more likely to get a death sentence then white.
黑人罪犯被判死刑的比率是白人的十倍.
Dr. Foreman: Doesn’t mean we need to get rid of the death penalty – we just need to kill more white people.
那不意味著我們需要禁止死刑-我們只要殺掉更多的白人就行了.
Dr. Chase: If she’s never kissed a boy, it’s a fair bet she’s never had sex.
如果她從來沒有接過吻,那她就應該沒有做過愛
House: Tell that to all the hookers who won’t kiss me on the mouth.
和那些不願和我接吻的妓女說這話吧.
Dr. Chase: She’s had one hallucination. Why are we operating on her? Why are we risking her life?
她只是有幻覺癥狀,為什麽我們冒生命的危險要給她動手術
House: Because Wilson thinks it would be nice to give the girl a year to say goodbye to her mommy. I guess maybe she stutters or something.
因為WILSON希望能多給她壹年時間,好讓她和她母親說再見,我估計她有口吃的毛病.
House: I should have been out of here 20 minutes ago.
我20分鐘前就應該離開這了
Nurse Brenda: You got here 20 minutes ago.
妳到這剛20分鐘
Dr. Foreman: You have no evidence to support a poisoning diagnosis.
妳沒有證據下中毒的診斷
House: Which is why it’s going to be so cool when I turn out to be right.
這就是為什麽當最後證明我是對的的時候會非常酷.
Dr. Cameron: Why would you need $5,000?
為什麽妳需要5000$?
Dr. Chase: Bad night at poker or great night with a hooker.
糟糕的撲克之夜,或者美好的妓女之夜
House: Thank you for saving me the trouble of deflecting that personal question with a joke.
感謝妳用笑話把我從個人隱私問題裏拯救出來
Dr. Wilson: If you have the money then why did you need the loan?
如果妳有錢的話為什麽還要向我借?
House: I didn’t. I just wanted to see if you’d give it to me. I’ve been borrowing increasing amounts ever since you lent me $40 a year ago. Ummm, a little experiment to see where you’d draw the line.
我就想看看妳會不會借給我,自從壹年前我找妳借過40元後,我每次都增加借錢的數量,就想實驗壹下妳的底線在哪裏
Dr. Wilson: You’re…you’re trying to objectively measure how much I value our friendship.
妳...妳用錢來衡量我們的友誼?
House: It’s five grand – you got nothing to be ashamed of.
5千塊啊,妳沒什麽好羞恥的.
Dr. Wilson: Now, be a grown-up and either tell Mommy and Daddy you don’t want to see them, or I’m picking you up at seven for dinner.
妳要麽成熟點自己去告訴妳爸媽妳不想見他們,要麽我就7點來接妳吃晚飯.
House: What do you mean? You just said…?
什麽意思?妳剛才不是說...
Dr. Wilson: I lied. I’ve been lying to you in increasing amounts ever since I told you you looked good unshaved a year ago. It’s a little experiment, you know, to see where you’d draw the line.
我撒謊了,自從壹年前我告訴妳不刮胡子也很帥以後我也在逐漸增加對妳說謊的程度,就想實驗壹下妳的底線在哪裏
House: How’s your recovery going? Got around to the small muscles yet?
妳的恢復怎麽樣了?長出壹圈小肌肉了麽?
Mark Warner: It’s not the size of the muscle – it’s where you get to put it.(成人級笑話,看不懂的也別去問了)
不但有肌肉,還經常去它該去的地方
Stacy: My goodness, it’s like watching Oscar Wilde and Noel Coward in the third grade.
天哪,我好像是在劇院裏看兩個小醜
Stacy: You have been hiding things and lying to me all day.
妳壹整天都在對我隱瞞事實和騙我
House: I didn’t lie to you about anything…except the things I admitted to you I was lying about.
我什麽事情都不對妳說謊,除了那些我承認我對妳撒謊的.
Dr. Wilson: Do you know your phone’s dead? Do you ever recharge your batteries?
妳知不知道妳手機關機了?妳從來不給電池充電?
House: They recharge? I just buy new phones.
這玩意還能充電?我都直接買新的.
Dr. Cameron: Maybe House is wrong.
可能豪斯錯了
House: (pause) I hope that’s not the end of the thought.
我希望這不是思考的終點.
Wilson: What the hell happened in Baltimore?
巴爾蒂莫到底發生了什麽?
House: Sorry, chief - I never kiss and tell.
對不起,首先-我沒有傾訴和親吻
Wilson: I think you just did.
我認為妳做了.
House: See that? They all assume I’m a patient because of this cane.
看吧,就因為我這個拐棍 他們都覺得我是個病人。
Wilson: So put on a white coat like the rest of us.
那妳就去找件白褂子穿的和我們壹樣。
House: I don’t want them to think I’m a doctor.
我不像讓別人以為我是個醫生
Wilson: You see where the administration might have a problem with that attitude.
看吧,這個就是為什麽管理層對妳的態度有意見。
House: People don’t want a sick doctor.
這兒不需要壹個病了的醫生。
Wilson: Fair enough. I don’t like healthy patients
這兒也不需要像妳這樣健康的病人
Foreman: Shouldn’t we be speaking to the patient before we start diagnosing?
我們難道不應該在診斷之前和病人交流壹下嗎?
House: Is she a doctor?
她是醫生?
Foreman: No, but…
不是...但是...
House: Everybody lies.
人人都說謊
/x_direction/blog/item/56cc0cf5bda0a1e97609d7e7.html