當我還是孩童,
Storybooks were true.
故事書都如此真實。
And everything I saw and felt,
我看到.感覺到的每事每物,
Was wonderful and new.
都美好而新奇。
When I was a child,
當我還是孩童,
I'd talk with all my toys.
我會與我所有的玩具交談。
And live in worlds of make-believe,
生活在幻想的世界中,
Like other girls and boys.
就像其他女孩和男孩。
When I was a child,
當我還是孩童,
Dinosaurs weren't dead.
恐龍都沒有滅亡。
But were very much alive.
它們栩栩如生,
They lived inside my head.
生活在我的腦海中。
When I was a chile,
當我還是孩童,
The full moon was a face,
滿月就是壹張臉,
Smiling down upon the world,
在遙遠的太空中,
From far away in space.
對這世界微笑。
When I was a child,
當我還是孩童,
The new moon was a ship,
新月就像壹條船,
Slowly Sailing in the sky,
慢慢地在太空中遨遊,
Upon its monthly trip.
進行她每月壹次的旅程。
When I was a child,
當我還是孩童,
I'd journey to the stars,
我願意前往星星,
Imagining what life was like,
就像木星和火星壹樣,
On Jupiter and Mars.
生活是哪般模樣。
When I was a child,
當我還是孩童,
My mind was fresh and free;
我的頭腦清新又自由,
And I know it can be again,
我知道在詩歌的世界裏,
In the world of poetry.
壹切又可以重新來過。